Body Shop/Collision Specialist
Job Title: Body Repairman
Reports to: Body Shop Manager
If possible apply in person 215 West Magnolia Street Valdosta,GA 31601 ask for Brice Kautzman
Position Description: The Body Repairman repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications utilizing hand and power tools. Wear company approved uniform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine damaged vehicle and compare to repair estimate cost.
- Disassemble and assemble vehicle components as necessary.
- Re-work sheet metal and other materials to pre-paint prep stage.
- Perform gas and Electric/Arc welding repairs per certified processes.
- Straighten damaged frame and Uni-Body structures using frame straightening machine and laser measuring systems.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces.
- Prime repaired surfaces, using paint spray gun equipment as required.
- Repair or replace damaged mechanical parts as required.
- Inspect parts received for repair and compare to repair estimate for accuracy, notify management of any discrepancy.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Keep Service area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools and equipment.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Experience: One year as vehicle body repairer or apprentice.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): ICAR or ASE certification preferred. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to use personal computer applications. Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles. Current valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools. Frequently requires the ability to lift 40 pounds of material. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts. Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle repair facility. Frequently, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date